Description The course aims to help teacher participants to develop and enhance their understanding of:
1. the concept and structure of academic English, the role of language in learning Science subjects and the English language features of the science genres;
2. the language requirements of students learning the Science Education KLA in English;
3. the planning, teaching and assessment pedagogies to support their students’ development of academic English language and literacy skills while conducting ELA to teach the Science Education KLA within different school contexts in Hong Kong;
4. teaching techniques and strategies in conducting ELA in English for motivating students to learn and achieving relevant learning outcomes;
5. the approaches to developing ELA curriculum resources in English for preparing students to learn in English in higher forms.
The e-platform will play a major role in collecting and disseminating good practices of effective teaching of the Science Education KLA using EMI.