Description Being a middle manager in a school is by no means an easy job. One has to take charge of both teaching duty as well as to shoulder administrative duty. Needless to say, as a middle leader, one has to also assume a leading role in different functional groups in school. It has proven to be a difficult job. This programme aims to help participants to:
- understand the practical role and function of a middle leader in school;
- acquire or enhance the major skills and employ specific strategies in dealing with day to day duty as a middle leader;
- understand the trend of decentralising resource management and the school finance context in Hong Kong;
- articulate the global trend and perspectives of human resources management and recent financial resources management for school improvement;
- understand proper procedures in issues of human resources administration in schools; and
- understand the difficulty of human resources management and ways to deal with it.