Certificate in Professional Development Programme on Knowledge Management for Enhancing School Development [5 weeks] [Please refer to EdUHK's website for the latest arrangement.]
Course ID (Click link to view details at source / apply)
Rapid development of information technology and internet generate large amounts of knowledge which creates challenge and opportunities to school leaders for managing school sustainable development. How to support schools to institutionalize a knowledge sharing and transfer system, to enhance school learning capacity for knowledge acquisition and to develop school intellectual capital are critical issues for school leaders. This programme provides participants with the theories, strategies and skills of Knowledge Management (KM), and develops their competencies for auditing knowledge, formulating knowledge strategies, institutionalizing KM system and managing school intellectual capital through action learning approach.
The programme aims to:
1. introduce participants with the theories, strategies, practices and tools of KM, and the principles for implementing KM in school organizations;
2. equip participants with the skills to plan, initiate, implement, control and evaluate KM projects; and
3. develop personal knowledge management competencies of the participants to critically analyze the role of knowledge management in enhancing school effectiveness.
The programme is designed for those school leaders who want to apply KM for enhancing sustainable development of their school.
The programme consists of the following courses:
1. Knowledge Management for Enhancing School Development (Theory) (3 credit points); and
2. Knowledge Management for Enhancing School Development (Practice) (3 credit points); and
3. Managing School Intellectual Capital (3 credit points)
First Event Start Date
Last Event End Date
Latest Issue Date
Primary, Secondary, Special
Coordinators, Panel Heads, Teachers, Deputy Heads
School Administration & Management (V)
Outside Normal School Hour