Description In this cluster meeting, participants will:
• review values education in the curriculum:
• discuss the ‘Week of Hope’, an EDB initiative to nurture hope and optimism in schools;
• review examples of how values education can be integrated into the English Language Curriculum; and
• share teaching ideas and resources on values education in the English classroom and/or other areas of English language teaching and learning.
Remarks Participants are requested to come prepared to share ideas on how values education is currently taught/explored in their school and how values education might be enhanced in their schools. If special equipment is needed for sharing the resources, please let the facilitators know in advance.
Regional Cluster Meetings provide a platform for:
• sharing effective English language learning and teaching strategies;
• enhancing collaboration between NETs and other English Panel Members;
• supporting the implementation of the English language curriculum in schools; and
• promoting communities of learning for ongoing professional development and support.