Description The aims and objectives of this programme are designed to help the participants:
- familiarize participants with essential legal knowledge relating to their professions;
- promote personal awareness in legal issues in educational practice;
- sensitize participants on the legal aspects of their roles, rights and duties as an educational practitioner;
- appreciate circumstances in which teachers and schools are at risk to claims of negligence and damages;
- clarify some legal uncertainties surrounding schooling by focusing on established laws in school and teachers’ responsibilities for students’ safety, health and well-being; and
- raise participants’ sensitivity in the changing needs of the society and to identify areas for law reform.